easiest dish alive. delicious and fancy. also vegetarian? fabulous. i did mention i've stopped eating land animals, right? i'm still guilty of the seafood situation tho.
few ingredients. as you can see, no pine nuts in sight....
all the babies in the pool
little added protein...:)
2 c. fresh basil
2-3 garlic cloves
1/3 heaping c. nuts, your choice (pine, walnuts, cashews)
2/3 c. parm cheese
S&P to taste
- toast your nuts either in the oven or stove top. tossing lightly mid way through, about 3-5 minutes over medium heat (i obviously did mine on the stove top)
- clean the basil, trim the stems. pulse the basil lightly in a food processor until you have a little room for the rest of your ingredients.
- in go the rest of your ingredience - garlic, walnuts and a pinch o' s&p
- pulse until mixed well it should be a chunky, semi-dry appearing paste. start streaming in your EVOO until you have a smooth, sauce-like paste. yum.
- add your parm, small portions at a time, pulsing between additions. more EVOO and pulsing if needed - you don't want dry pesto!
- taste and season appropriately. i added some more s&p.
- freeze or add to freshly cooked pasta. i left a small amount of my cooking liquid in my pasta (whole wheat linguini).
this goes great with some extra parm on top and any protein source...i chose salmon but chicken is great option if that's what floats your boat.